Wednesday, April 7, 2010

my life as i know was bout to change

I remember it like it was yesterday , it was tue 4\15/08 i got up at 7:30 got saige ( my little girl ) ready for daycare. we left at 8am i was happy because i had a doc appt at nine and i also had an ultra sound before so i was going to see my baby .
Dropped Saige off and got to the doc. went in to the ultra sound room and there were two tech one was as student so i got scan and was loving it when the tech said to the student scan for a min ill be right back. i thought to myself wow this has never happened so i started thinking he must be real big ( due to having two big babys already ) . she walked back in with a doc now my heart stops the doc started to scan and asked me does dwarfism ran in my family (what ) " no" why . doc " your son is two weeks behind in his long bones ". me "what does that mean " doc " is may be nothing ultrasound isnt perfect on measurements but we think you son has achondroplasia " now my mind is racing what the hell are they talking about what is this what does this all mean wait ive heard this word before but where . all of this while the doc is talk and dont ask me what she said then it hit me little people big world . then i heard her say we might be wrong and nothing is wrong . now just to get you cought up im 36 weeks at this point i have 4 week to find out . i was a mess do i worry about it or just wait and see . well i did both i tryed not to worry cuz when i was perganet with saige they told me she had downs and didnt and worryed cuz what if he is. So the appt over i go for induction on april 30 2008 due to them not know if hes a dwarf or not and they want the nicu there incase he needs help for been so small . I go home and tryed to live my life till then. April 30 2008 at 10:10am i have a 7lbs 8oz 17.5in little boy he is so cute the doc hand him to me hes fine i unrap him to see what there where talking about then i saw it from shoulder to elbow was so short and from hip to knee the same but you know what i didnt care he was mine . the doc told me he didnt have to go to nicu and theyll come get him later to do xray to see if he was an achon . once the xrays were done i was tired and so was destin . i remember i was nursing him and a doc walked in miss kauffman we have an answer for you he is an achon . i looked down at him and started to cry not because he was an achon ( that what the doc thought ) but because people are mean and they dont think before the speak . and i know me im a fight and woould kill someone before they disrespect my kids. how was i going to do this i cant be like that i got to be strong for my kids . i started thinking as the doc is trying to comfort me for the wrong reason god gave me destin so i would be the person im supost to be, a kind understanding loving person willing to change my life for my kids and thats what ive done well doing lol i got a hold of lpa and they sent me a packet in it i read this story called i think trip to holland this story changed my life as you read my blog you will learn just as i am about the different types of dwarfisms destins over coming thing and learning new thing and me letting go and not being afraid of letting him be him

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am happy to have just stumbled across your blog, & become your 1st follower!! I am mom to a 4&1/2 yr old achon boy named Ethan. I had gone through a simmilar pregnancy with him. But I believe that everything happens for a reason! & God has given us an amazing gift to be parents of such amazing children! They are truely a blessing! I look forward to reading your future blog posts! Please fee free to check mine out too!

    ReplyDelete